17 Sep 2012
Tanzplan Hamburg K3 choreography residency call
As part of its residency program, K3 in Hamburg, Germany provides three eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of the careers, but have already produced some choreographic work.
The residencies usually begin around the beginning or middle of August and run until end of March / beginning of April.
The residency program is one-of-a-kind because of its length of eight months and is closely linked to the other courses and professional training programs offered by K3. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the three resident choreographers closely to the various other ongoing K3 programs.
The goal of the residency is to develop a strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up spaces for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers will develop a full-length piece that is presented at the end of the residency period on the studio stage P1 on three separate evenings.
- The applicant must be at the beginning of his/her career, but should also have already implemented some projects of his/her own.
- The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from beginning/middle of August until end of March/ beginning of April in Hamburg.
- The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
- The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
- The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting her/his own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
- Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
The residency programme covers:
- a monthly scholarship
- a production budget for the performances at the end of the residency
- the use of the K3 studios
- a shared work week at the beginning of the residency to which additional artists from Hamburg will be invited
- an accompanying mentor
- support from the K3 team in the fields of dramaturgy, organisation, technical assistance and public relations
- active participation in the K3 outreach programme
- participation in the K3 course programme (production-oriented events, as well as events on dance and performance theory)
- optional: participation in regular professional training and other workshops offered at K3
- optional: participation in the “MA-Performance Studies” programme at the University of Hamburg
Required Application Documents
The application period for a residency in the 2013/14 season begins August 1st, 2012.
DEADLINE: September 17 2012
This opportunity came via On-the-Move (Thanks!)
12 Jul 2021
10 Jul 2020
09 Jul 2013
17 Jul 2018
20 Aug 2019
03 Sep 2020