Japan World Exposition 1970 Commemorate Fund - call for project applications
The KANSAI OSAKA 21st Century Association is accepting project applications from organisations for grants from the Japan World Exposition 1970 Commemorate (JEC) Fund. The JEC Fund offers the grant to projects in various fields such as international cultural exchange, international goodwill, academic study, and education.
Deadline: 1 October, 2018
Projects suitable for commemorating the success of Expo '70 and matching the "aim of the Japan World Exposition" (see website) qualify for the JEC Fund Grant.
Projects contributing to international understanding
- (1) Projects contributing to international cultural exchange and enhancement of international goodwill
- (2) International projects in the fields of education and academic study
Organizations eligible for the JEC Fund Grant
Eligibility for application is granted to foreign national governments, local governments, and other organizations carrying out projects contributing to public interest.
(1) It does not matter whether the applying organization has corporate status or not.
(2) Individuals and profit-making corporations cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
(3) Any organization incapable of completing the project cannot apply for the JEC Fund Grant.
Projects should take place between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020
The Japan World Exposition 1970 Commemorative Fund Grant program (JEC Fund Grant program) was established in commemoration of the success of the Japan World Exposition of 1970 (Expo '70), the theme of which was "Progress and Harmony for Mankind," to convey the legacy and ideals of Expo '70 to future generations. A part of the revenues from Expo '70 was managed as the Fund. The JEC Fund Grant program has offered grants (JEC Fund Grants) to approximately 4,500 projects with a part of the investment income of the Fund since 1971. These projects, which were designed to contribute to international understanding or stage cultural events, were considered appropriate for commemorating the success of Expo '70, and the amount of JEC Fund Grants offered during this period totaled approximately 19.1 billion yen.