Jan van Eyck Academie - residency call
Jan van Eyck Academie's call for a 12-month residency is now open! Artists, curators, designers ranging from graphic and fashion to food and social design, writers, and architects are welcome to apply!
As a multi-disciplinary post-academic institute, the Jan van Eyck Academie (Maastricht, NL) offers residency programmes to those who wish to broaden their artistic horizons, develop their art practice in depth, and discover new perspectives and tangents. Every applicant shares our belief that insight comes through exchange with the other: insight in the meaning of things, in your own practice, in the (art) world. The multiform character of the Jan van Eyck Academie appeals to the artistic and intellectual versatility of the artists and enables them to deepen and ramify their talents and skills in the short and long run. The work of the artists testifies to a practice that is investigative and committed.
To carry out their projects, each participant is equipped with a private studio, can count on the guidance of our advisers and make use of the expertise of our library and Labs – Photography & Audiovisual, Materials & Construction, Food, Printing & Publishing and Future Materials. The departments for Nature Research, Art & Society and Research & Education support the artists in realizing their projects in collaboration with external parties and further their artistic and academic research. Next to their individual projects, participants are encouraged to collaboratively develop an In-Lab project and to contribute to the public programme.
The deadline for submitting your application is 1 October 2020 Midnight (CEST)
– Lasting 12 months, you may indicate whether you would like to start your residency in April 2021 or September 2021. Upon successful acceptance into the programme, the exact starting date of your residency will be determined by the institute, but, of course, in consultation with you;
– 32 up to 35 spots are available each year;
– The enrolment fee amounts to €2,750/year excluding VAT. You will receive an invoice well before the starting date of your residency;
– Participants receive a monthly stipend of €900 and a working budget of €2,000 annually;
– Duos or collectives can apply with 1 project proposal for 1 residency at the Jan van Eyck. If selected, they will share 1 studio and 1 stipend. In that case, the enrolment fee has to be paid only once;
– Participants are expected to settle in Maastricht or direct surroundings (in a radius of 10 km) during their stay at the Jan van Eyck;
– The languages of communication at the academy are Dutch and English. We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff members;
– The Jan van Eyck Academie is not an educational institute. Consequently, the institute does not provide degrees or certificates.
For more information and the application form, go to: https://janvaneyck.info/apply/