31 Aug 2015
Indonesian Curatorial Residency in London
As part of a three-year collaboration with IndoArtNow and SAM Fund for Arts & Ecology, Delfina Foundation in London is offering a three-month residency to a curator with Indonesian citizenship living and working in Indonesia. The residency period is 11 January to 8 April 2016 and will begin during DF’s winter period focused on curatorial research.
During the residency, Delfina Foundation (DF) will develop a loosely structured series of events and activities enabling residents to:
- Research and develop areas of interest
- Develop skills via training and mentoring
- Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops
- Participate in both internal and external/public events
This opportunity is open to both emerging and established curators.
THE SELECTED CURATOR WILL RECEIVE:
- A twelve-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food/per diems and materials;
- A single bedroom at DF with shared facilities, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room;
- Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities; and
- Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK.
- An Indonesian citizen, currently living and working in Indonesia;
- Seeking an opportunity to develop your practice and the concepts of your curatorial work;
- Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit your career development and local networks; and
- Proficient in English.
It is desirable that the applicant has an undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
Applicants are expected to submit:
- The completed application form (DOWNLOAD FORM)
- A CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies
- A writing sample (an essay, artist profile, press article, etc.)
- At least 10 high-quality images of your previous projects or exhibitions, which could include unrealised proposals
- Contact details of one referee
Please submit only electronic copies of the above documents to following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2015
15 Jun 2016
23 Jun 2015