UK | Residency for curators based in Central or Eastern Europe
Delfina Foundation, in partnership with Kunsthalle Praha, calls for applications from curators based in Central and Eastern Europe for a three-week residency in London, from 3 to 23 April 2023.
Alongside gaining time and space to develop their work, Delfina Foundation’s residents participate in a bespoke programme that includes:
- Guided visits to museums, galleries, non-profits, artist- run spaces and studios, as well as trips to institutions outside London
- Opportunities to meet and engage with artists, curators, academics and researchers through organised presentations, studio visits, events and meals
- Professional development activities including presentations and crits, portfolio reviews, and mentoring activities
- Collaborative exchange between residents through informal gatherings, crits and meals
Applicants receive the following
A three-week residency at Delfina Foundation, including:
- A return economy-class flight
- Airport transfers in the UK
- Reimbursement of visa fee (if required)
- A living allowance of 30 GBP per day
- A materials budget of 200 GBP
- Local travel pass for London Underground and buses
- A single bedroom with a desk at Delfina Foundation – a house which hosts up to eight residents with shared facilities, including: bathrooms, laundry rooms, a kitchen, library and dining room
- The recipient must be a citizen (or be based there with a long-term residence permit) AND currently living and working in one of the following countries: Belarus, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
- They must be seeking an opportunity to develop their practice
- They must be able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit their career development and local networks
- They must be proficient in English.
Deadline: 24 October 2022