Grants for UK and international biennials 2023–2024
British Council Visual Arts is offering grants of up to 10,000 GBP to UK and eligible international biennials and/or festivals to showcase contemporary visual artists’ work.
The Biennials Connect Grants will not only support global Biennials in their ambitions to work with UK visual artists, but it will also offer grants to UK organisations to support international visual artists as well. The Biennials Connect programme promotes cross-cultural exchange and collaboration by providing opportunities for artists and biennial organisers to connect, collaborate and build meaningful partnerships across the globe.
- Up to 10,000 GBP to cover costs in relation to the presentation of work by UK artists (for international biennials) and international artists (for UK biennials)
Who can apply?
- This grant is for biennial organisations to support travel, networking, professional development and skills building activities, or public programme for artists such as residencies and events as well as access requirements.
- Activity may take place online and/or in person
- It is not for individual artists, and it is not designed for research and development
- The grantees are particularly interested in applications by biennial organisations supporting artists whose practice is collaborative, cross-cultural or community-based
Applicants must be made by biennial organisations that:
- Are UK biennials supporting visual artists’ participation from Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipient countries OR
- Are biennials in Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipient countries supporting visual artists’ participation from the UK
- Supporting artists over the age of 18 and those artists are able to travel internationally on valid passports
- Supporting artists they have not previously worked with
- The core activity or biennial/festival presentation may take place after the end of March 2023, but the final activity and evaluation must take place before March 2024
Deadline: 10 November 2022