UK | Fashion, Textiles and Technology grant 2023
The British Council is calling for applications from designers, design entrepreneurs, and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from UK and Official Development Assistance (ODA) countries for the “New Landscapes: Fashion, Textiles and Technology Catalyst Research and Development Grant Scheme”, to take place between April and August 2023.
The pilot programme was launched in October 2021 as a collaboration between University of the Arts London Fashion, Textiles and Technology Institute (UAL FTTI), British Council and 5 ODA countries to promote the cultural, social and environmental values of a sustainable global fashion and textiles sector.
The Grant Scheme will provide 5 collaborative grants of up to 6,000 GBP cash and up to 15,000 GBP in-kind support to proposals that:
- Grow global networks to enable development of practice, experimentation and testing of sustainable design and production solutions that inspire positive environmental change
- Support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to exchange methods of designing and producing in a more sustainable and socially engaged way
- Support young designers to become advocates for sustainable, ethical and socially engaged fashion, textiles and related technologies
- The call is open to all designers, design entrepreneurs, and SMEs from UK and Official Development Assistance (ODA) countries (within the ASEM member countries, this includes: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Viet Nam, China, Kazakhstan, Malaysia and Thailand)
- Applications must be a partnership between at least 1 UK applicant and a maximum of 2 co-applicants, based in 1 or more ODA country
- The lead applicant must be based in the UK and have been in business for at least 3 years
- Applicants must provide evidence of true collaboration, knowledge exchange and mutual benefit for all partners (including ODA countries) in their application
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to deliver the project activity between April 2023 to August 2023.
Deadline: 6 February 2023