Germany | TANZAHOi International Dance and Dance Film Festival - open call
TANZAHOi International Dance and Dance Film Festival will bring outstanding international dance productions to Hamburg via livestream for the 2021 digital festival, Take Part in Another World, as well as dance films. TANZAHOi open call for short dance films and for dance productions to be livestreamed at the festival.
The plans for TANZAHOi International Dance & Dance Film Festival 2021 have been set in motion! For our fourth annual festival, we will stream live dance performances and screen dance films on our digital platform, as well as in Metropolis Kino Hamburg, creating a live-in-person substitute for our local audience. The communication between artists and the audience will remain an essential part of the festival.
tanzahoi.org along with Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitch will again be our streaming platforms. The exchange between the audience and artists will take place over Zoom. As an access point and spark of interest for the arts and future possibilities, we will integrate TikTok to reach young audience members with choreography and engagement opportunities.
Where: Online Stream & Hamburg Metropolis Kino
When: 3. – 5. September 2021
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2021
In the midst of theater restrictions and an unforeseeable end to a reduced-contact era in the arts, many artists and institutions have discovered streaming technology for themselves in order to not completely lose contact with their audience. After a successful live-streamed dance film festival in 2020, we wish to continue cultivating a digital platform for this year’s upcoming festival, streaming live performances from around the world in real time. We are interested in showing existing productions, but also in stimulating new productions conceived especially for TANZAHOi.
The Live-Stream Aesthetic
An even more interesting challenge of for-the-screen-adapted productions is the task of expanding the aesthetics of the audience’s limited view by, for example, directing attention to the camera work. These images should be precisely choreographed, bringing a dynamic to the sequence that can only exist in the filmed-form, and should develop a unique audience experience compared to the live performance. The use of several cameras and film-angles should be considered. We would like to make a contribution to the further development of “livestream aesthetics”, as we see multi-media and hybrid productions as a sustainable future opportunity for the arts.
* We will offer 4.000 € to the selected productions to achieve the live-stream of their work.
Important: this grant only supports the implementation of the visual concept for the livestream to Hamburg in the period from September 3-5, 2021. It does not cover the payment of dancers, choreographers or the venue.
How to apply (dance productions): To be considered for selection:
* The production should secure or have already secured funding for the performance as well as the venue on site.
* Visual concept with at least two cameras
* Internet access
* Artists will be available for a discussion via Zoom with the audience after the performance
* The applicant assures that they have obtained and can prove the rights to the images and music, and are authorized to agree to publication on the Internet.
* The applicant agrees that their work will be presented on the TANZAHOi website and social media channels during the festival and preparation period for promotional purposes.
* We strongly encourage the selected artists to publish the news of the film selection and the festival program on their personal/artist platforms (website and social media), as well as sharing posts made by the TANZAHOi platform in order to promote themselves and the festival.