Germany | ifa Artists’ Contacts grants programme 2022
ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen) is calling for applications from artists and cultural practitioners from Germany and transformation or developing countries for their Artists' Contacts programme, which supports the international cooperation of cultural actors.
The programme supports projects in contemporary visual arts, architecture, photography, media art and design. Applicants thereby receive the chance to network internationally and to advance the intercultural discourse between Germany and the global South.
What is funded?
Supported activities can include: exhibitions, performances, artist-in-residence programmes, workshops, preparatory and research trips, and international events (symposia, conferences and lectures).
Who can apply?
Artists, curators, art educators, art theorists, architects and designers (including institutions) who are the following:
- From developing and transition countries who want to come to Germany
- Germans who want to go to developing and transition countries
- Non-Germans who have lived in Germany for at least five years and are involved in developing and transition countries
- High quality standard of the artistic project
- In the project, German art and culture workers and art and culture workers from developing and transition countries work together artistically and in terms of content
- Artists and cultural workers who live in Germany but do not have German citizenship must prove how long they have been living in Germany
- Invitation from a non-commercial cultural or exhibition institution
- The project project may not be realised in a commercial context
- Considerable financial and/or other own contributions by the issuing foreign institution
15 August 2022 (for projects in 2023)
31 January 2023 (for projects as of June 2023)
Image: touring exhibition 'Event of a Thread'.