ifa Artists' Contact programme
The Artists’ Contact programme of ifa supports projects in the fields of contemporary art, architecture, design, photography and media art. The focus is on the exchange and substantive cooperation between German actors and cultural practitioners from transition and developing countries. It subsidizes working stays as well as working tours.
- August 15, 2019 for projects in the following year
Who can apply?
The ifa programme “Artists’ Contact” focuses on applicants in the fields of contemporary art, architecture, design, photography and media art
- travelling from developing and emerging countries to Germany to conduct activities
- travelling from Germany to developing and emerging countries to conduct activities
Requirements for funding through the programme:
- High standards of artistic quality
- The project may not be realized in a commercial context (example given not in a private gallery)
- Co‐operation between German and foreign persons engaged in the cultural sector in terms of art and content is an important funding aspect
- Considerable achievements in its own right by the institution concerned
- Submitting an application implies acceptance of the funding principles and requirements laid down in the leaflet
What is funded?
The programme subsidizes costs for travel, residence and visa for performances, artist-in-residence programmes, workshops, working tours, international events such as symposia, conferences and lectures.