France | Château Éphémère call for digital arts residency projects
For the 7th year and as part of its artistic residency program, Château Éphémère is pleased to launch its call for projects “Digital Arts, Sound Art & New Writings” for the 2021/2022 season. 12 projects will be selected and hosted for working residencies in 2021-22.
• Every project involving innovative digital practices and sound art in its creation process is eligible.
• Projects can be submitted by an artist, a collective and a producing or distribution organisation.
• We’ll pay particular attention to projects willing to develop actions centered on the local population (workshops, meetings, etc).
• Every residency session can lead to a public performance.
Each one of the 12 selected projects will be hosted for 1 month between November 2021 and July 2022. Our support includes :
• The provision of a working space, accommodations, a full access to Château Éphémère’s technical equipment (download here the technical inventory).
• Projects holder will also benefit from the expertise of our technical director as well as our fabmanager depending on their availability.
• Laureates will also receive a production grant worth 500€ (taxes included).
The Château Éphémère provides for the possibility of hosting, outside the quota, several projects that would present strong synergies with the artistic line of the place under the same conditions except for the allocation of the production grant.
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2021
Download call for applications (in French and English):
Set in a patrimonial landmark in the French Yvelines (78), Château Éphémère opened seven years ago and is now a place dedicated to digital creation and specialized in sound innovation in all its forms.