Cybernate digital arts research residency between Ireland and France
Artists based in Ireland and France and working in digital arts are invited to apply for the Cybernate’s Digital Arts Residency Programme from November 2022 to March 2023.
This is an online and in-person residency programme for three Irish artists and three French artists who specialise in digital arts and have presented work in public space or wish to present work in the public space.
The aim of the research residency is to develop a project idea in digital arts for public space and present a work in progress at the end of the residency. This does not need to be a fully developed project. Furthermore, the participating artists will be supported with time, space, and networking opportunities. A call for submissions selects the candidates according to the proposed project.
Selected Artists will begin their engagement online in November 2022 and finish their research residency in March 2023. The research residency will include a set of online sessions as well as a two-week stay in Lyon (France) and a two-week stay in Galway (Ireland).
Each residency includes:
- An artist stipend of 4,000 euros
- A one-time contribution to the travel expenses (up to 200 EUR)
- Accommodation provided in Lyon and Galway
- Shared working space in ATU (Galway) and Pôle PIXEL (Lyon)
- Meetings with local cultural institutions and production networks
- A curated programme of meetings and masterclasses
- A pathway to support the realisation of the artist’s proposed project idea within the specification of submission of the open call
- Networking opportunities with peers on the residency and experts and mentors
- Curatorial and technical support as well as consultation from the team of Galway Culture Company, Culture Works, Pôle PIXEL, CREW, ATU
Artists are required to have a good level of English.
Deadline: 14 October 2022