CROWD 2023 international dance exchange call for artists
The CROWD network calls for dance artists from Denmark, England, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands, the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany) and Scotland to apply for the 2023 dance residency programme, CROWD – international dance exchange.
The programme aims to support dance artists with an established practice in community engaged dance making to build their professional network, exchange experience with others in the field and develop their practice while generating new knowledge in the area of community engagement in dance.
Applicants must be available for at least the 2-week residency in their home country and a 2-week residency abroad. Exact artist and host pairings will be decided as part of shortlisting. Dates range from 10 July to 13 October 2023.
What is provided?
- 3,200 EUR/2,800 GBP per artist (including 4-week residency and any preparation and the additional digital sessions across the year)
- Travel, accommodation and per diems (50 EUR/45 GBP per night away)
- Bursaries to those with additional access needs or caring responsibilities
- Artists based in Denmark, England, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands, the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany), or Scotland
- Dance artist with demonstrable experience of engaging with communities in their dance practice
- Individuals able to commit to the dates of the 2 residencies
- Applicants with a reasonable knowledge of English
Deadline: 20 March 2023