Australia | Bogong Centre for Sound Culture residencies
Bogong Centre for Sound Culture (BCSC) in Australia is offering 8 supported, 2 week artist residencies between October 6, 2014 and May 31, 2015. Residencies are aimed at professional artists working in the area of Sound Art, Photography, Spatial Practice and Video Art.
- Applications are open to solo professional practicing artists in the areas of sound art, photography, video art and spatial practice
- Selection is based on artistic excellence
- The strength of the project’s artistic concept
- The proposed use of time for creative development
- The type and quality of workshop / talk the artist can provide to the community
- BCSC strongly encourages artists to present projects that can establish interaction with the place, its inhabitants, geographic space and memory
The residency does NOT offer travel expenses but accommodation, project support and other assistance is provided.
Application deadline: 15 August 2014
BCSC Supported Residency program is located in Bogong Village. The village is situated in the foothills of Victoria’s Alpine National Park, between Mt Beauty and Falls Creek. It takes approximately 4.5 hours to get there by car from Melbourne.
The aim of the BCSC Supported Residency Program is to provide cultural opportunities to the Alpine Shire community, through public programs implemented by Australian and International artists while residing at the BCSC.
BCSC also offers various workshops and masterclasses - currently on offer in late 2014 is a 1 week masterclass on 'Sound, Art and the Environment' and a 2015 workshop on 'Composing for Immersive Environments'