05 Sep 2015
India | Sowing Seeds Artists Village Residency
Visual and performing artists and art critics are invited to apply for the Sowing Seeds Artist Village Residency in Rajasthan - a 14 day collaborative residency (20 Dec 2015 - 2 Jan 2016) in a rural context, creating work focused on environment and social development.
“Sowing Seeds” is a project that intends to create dialogues and exchanges amongst artists beyond their national identity and serves as an opportunity for rural artists to meet, share and exchange ideas, visions, and diverse views in order to create a deeper understanding of art. It acts as a social environment developing and improving the artistic impressions of experts as well as emerging artists. As an alternative art space in INDIA, “Sowing Seeds” is geared to exchange the challenges required to organize such a contemporary artist village residency within rural areas and thus giving rise to a new era in art.
Visual artists, performing artists, art critics and local community will collaborate to create work about environment and social development in rural Rajasthan (INDIA). There will be opportunities for collaborative work that interacts with the rural environment.
The key to our Artist residency projects will be creating local community collaboration to create works related to environment and social development in the village of Rajasthan (INDIA)
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, collaboration, outdoor sculpture, documentation, or performing to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 14 days in the village of Rajasthan (INDIA).
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend. NOTE: no grants are offered for international transport.
Residency period: 20th December 2015 to 2nd January 2016 [14-days]
- Young and emerging visual artists, performing artists and critics – Artists who are able to stay at village for the designated period of time
- Artists who are able to produce results of his or her residence activities, e.g. exhibitions, performances, concerts or presentations
- Artists who are able to communicate and collaborate with local people and participate in the exchange program,
How to apply
- Applicants should fill in all the required fields in the application form
- We will accept applications via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted information is only used for selection and not for any other purpose.
Applications must be received by 5th September 2015.
See website for application documents and guidelines.
21 Sep 2010
18 Aug 2016
07 Oct 2018