ASSITEJ Next Generation Programme international call
Are you an emerging artist aged 36 or below seeking international exchange and collaboration opportunities? International open call to for young international artists interested in theatre for young audiences to join ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway, in September 2019.
The Next Generation Programme is an ASSITEJ initiative, designed to support artistic and cultural exchange and collaboration between young international artists interested in theatre for young audiences. It is a residency program for 25 artists from all over the world. About half of the participants will be recruited from Norway and the other Nordic and Baltic countries.
Welcome to an intensive and mind-blowing artistic and professional experience shared with your peers from all over the world, in the picturesque coastal town of Kristiansand, Norway!
The NG program at ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2019 (AAG2019) will include:
- Theatre for young audiences’ performances from the official program of AAG2019 and the Nordic-Baltic fringe
- Master classes and workshops led by recognized artists and industry professionals
- Discussions and seminars around the theme “Toward the unknown – Confronting the present”, where we want to examine how different views on childhood are reflected in today’s performing arts around the world
- Opportunities to engage with and join the Next Generation Network and ASSITEJ
ASSITEJ Norway and the SAND festival will provide:
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- All registration, theatre tickets, seminars, and access to workshops
- 3 meals a day
- Facilitation of the program in partnership with the Next Generation Network and the Executive Committee
Next Generation participants are expected to fundraise for their own travel. However, applicants who are accepted to the program may apply for a partial travel grant from ASSITEJ, amounting to up to 500 USD per person. The number of travel grants is limited and dependent on funds raised through Friends of ASSITEJ.
Next Generation is an inclusive program and we urge artists with disabilities to apply.
Apply by filling out the registration form before 1 November 2018: