AiR Tilburg - artists residency call 2019/2020
Open international call to visual artists, curators and art theorists/writers to apply for the 2019/2020 residency programme at AiR Tilburg in the Netherlands.
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg – invites applicants for its 2019/2020 residency program. The residencies are designed for the 21st-century art professional – visual artists, curators and art theorists/writers – whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress. We believe that the contemporary art practice requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. SEA Foundation’s international and individual shaped residency program that includes bespoke mentoring, is limited to 10 residents per year.
• To support the production of art and the development of art theory
• To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
• To promote and relay critical, researched-based production of art
• To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
Based on your project proposal, questions and need for development, we offer a tailor-made programme in a discursive setting and in doing so, fulfill a guiding – and a bridging function. The inclusive character lies in the trinity of hospitality, the ‘art & design infuse’ house, and the residencies & presentations. Bespoke mentoring and training up to 4 hours per week are included in the program.
Up to 3 months
• September – November 2019
• February – June 2020
• Studio and private living quarters
• Heating, water, and electricity
• Shared kitchen and common residency rooms
• High-speed WIFI network
• Use of workshop and equipment
• Use of art-related library
• Interaction with local peers and other residents
• Office facilities and printers
• PR activities
• Bike on loan
Selection and Fellowships
Artistic merit is the basis for selection. All applications will be judged by a panel consisting of SEA Foundation team members complemented by international advisors**. Two selected residents for the 2019-2020 program will be offered a full fellowship including access to all facilities, mentoring, a weekly stipend and a production budget.
Deadline: 15 October 2018