Denmark | MALT AIR residency call
MALT AIR is a new visual arts residency programme in Denmark. The residency is run in collaboration between The Danish Art Workshops, Kunsthal Aarhus and Maltfabrikken, and is supported by The Danish Arts Foundation. MALT AIR invites professional artists from all over the world to participate in a 4-month visual arts residency programme at Maltfabrikken in Ebeltoft.
The residency offers international artists the opportunity to develop new and enriching relations with the Danish visual arts scene. Studio facilities and accommodation, as well as a travel grant and a monthly stipend, are included in the programme.
The purpose of the programme is to support the development of the resident’s artistic practice and to foster exchanges between the residing artist and the Danish contemporary visual arts scene. The resident artist will be given the opportunity to participate in networking activities, studio visits, meetings with relevant professional individuals and institutions, as well as to receive curatorial and peer feedback. MALT AIR wishes to support the artistic process and research phase by giving the artist time, space and opportunities for reflection and focus.
The residency programme includes:
- An individual studio, shared workshop facilities and accommodation in a shared apartment situated at Maltfabrikken in Ebeltoft, Denmark.
- A travel grant for an economy class flight to Denmark and return.
- A monthly stipend of 1070€ / 8.000 DKK to cover living expenses, local transport and cost of materials and production.
- Tailormade activities aimed at supporting the development of the resident artist’s artistic practice, as well as facilitating network development with relevant artists, curators and art professionals in Denmark.
- A peer programme. The resident will be matched with a member of our peer group and will receive individual professional feedback twice during the stay. Our peers are Toke Lykkeberg (Curator at Tranen), Birgitte Kirkhoff Eriksen (Director at Museum of Contemporary Art), Charlotte Sprogøe (Independent Curator), Anna Krogh (Curator at Brandts), David Hilmer (Artist and Researcher), Christian Andersen (Gallerist), Bianca D'Alessandro (Gallerist and Independent Curator), Søren Taaning (Artist), Stine Hebert (Decan at Kunsthøgskolen in Oslo), Kasper Bonnén (Artist) and Julia Rodrigues (Independent Curator).
Who may apply?
Professional artists from abroad (non-Danish artists) who can document exhibition experience within significant professional contexts as well as former collaborations with curators on a professional level.
Professional artists from abroad can apply for a stay of 4 months at MALT AIR. The periods are:
1. 1st August – 20th December 2019
2. 1st January – 25th April 2020
3. 1st May – 25th July 2020
Applicants can choose between these three periods. On the electronic application form, two periods should be chosen in order of priority.
Applications are accepted once a year, and two artists will be granted a residency for each of the periods.
Deadline: 10 January 2019