Philippines: Dance Xchange festival
In order to create dialogue and cooperation within the world dance community, the National Committee on Dance of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) of the Philippines is organising Dance Xchange – the 2nd International Dance Festival.
It will be held in Roxas City, Philippines, in celebration of International Dance Day and on the theme of:
“Cultural Connectivity through Dance”
This international festival is considered one of the banner events of the Philippines as the ASEAN Cultural Capital 2010-2011.
The Dance Xchange aims to:
- Strengthen international dance network
- Showcase the unique dances of each country to facilitate cultural understanding
- Provide a venue for interaction and facilitate learning among dancers, directors, dance teachers and choreographers
- Encourage the creation of new works
- Provide a platform for local and foreign choreographers to show their works
Under the artistic leadership of Ms Shirley Halili-Cruz, a large and diverse international participation is expected.