29 Nov 2013 - 30 Nov 2013
India Foundation for the Arts showcase in Singapore
- Nishtha Jain explores the ethos of tiny neighbourhood photo studios in India
- Shabani Hassanwalia and Samreen Farooqui discover the dynamic film industry of Ladakh—one of the most geographically hostile regions in India
- Merajur Rahman Baruah studies the style and aesthetics of Assam’s mobile theatres
- Saba Dewan searches for a lost thumri belonging to the repertoire of the charismatic Rasoolan Bai, a tawaif or courtesan musician and accomplished Hindustani classical vocalist.
- M V Bhaskar who is digitally replicating and thus conserving the 16th century murals of a temple in Tamil Nadu
- P Madhavan, who initiated a residency for young photographers to experiment with alternative photographic processes
- Sunil Shanbag who will talk about his plays Cotton 56 Polyester 84 and S*x M*rality and Cens*rship, which are anchored in historic events—the first on a mass movement for labour rights and the second on a movement in the arts community against Indian society’s stringent norms of propriety—that shaped the country and its arts.
29 Nov 2010
06 Mar 2013
05 Feb 2019