The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) will be at TROPFEST Roughcut between 28 to 29 June 2013, to present film.culture360.org and attend the screening of 10 Lessons in Film, which was originally launched by ASEF and the International Association of Film and Television Schools (CILECT) in 2011.
film.culture360.org presented at TROPFEST Roughcut | George Town Festival
As part of the month-long George Town Festival
in Penang, Malaysia, TROPFEST Roughcut is an opportunity for film professionals to discuss about the craft and production of film-making in the ASEAN region. The event comprises a symposium in presence of international filmmakers and industry professionals, as well as a screening of the documentary series titled 10 Lessons in Film
On the first day of the event, Ms Valentina RICCARDI, Project Manager at ASEF's Cultural Exchange Department, will make a presentation of film.culture360.org, ASEF’s web portal dedicated to independent cinema in Asia and Europe.
For more details: Programme Tropfest
TROPFEST Southeast Asia is currently calling for entries
. The world's largest short film festival has launched its Southeast Asian edition and is currently looking for submissions from local film-makers. Deadline: 28 October 2013
Submission guidelines include the following:
- Filmmaker must be a resident or citizen of South East Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines & Vietnam)
- Film must be made specifically for Tropfest SEA 2014
- Tropfest SEA 2014 must be your film’s first public screening
- Film must be no longer that 7 minutes (including titles and credits)
- Film must contain the 2014 Tropfest Signature Item (TSI) – RICE
- Films can be in any language but must be subtitled in English