Belgium | b.creative conference for creative entrepreneurs
is an international conference which will gather more than 200 representatives from culture and creative sectors in Namur 2-3 November 2016. b.creative is the launch event of Creative Tracks
, a European Union co-funded project that aims to connect young creative entrepreneurs in worldwide network. The project has already identified 1,200 networks of culture and creative entrepreneurs throughout the world.
b.creative associates artists, creative professionals, entrepreneurs, representative of cultural organisations, incubators, creative hubs and investors from around the world to consider how to best support creative entrepreneurship, to nurture today’s talents to shape tomorrow’s innovation and to promote international collaborations.
The ambition of Creative Tracks is to stimulate creativity as well as intercultural exchanges and to become a central place for various influences and ideas to meet. Creative Tracks’ digital networking platform for young creative entrepreneurs worldwide will be launched during the event as well as the b.creative challenge.
What to expect?
- A day and a half full of inspiring debates, workshops, disruptive interventions enabling creative networking:
- Panels and debates: Creative Entrepreneurship for the XX1st century; Funding Creative Entrepreneurship - the Global vision; Creativity: making innovation meaningful?; Triggering investment in creative entrepreneurship.
- 4 workshops focused on essential crossover topics: Stimulate cross-disciplinary innovation; Making the most of international networking; Branding and marketing and Creative ecosystems.
- ‘Serious speed networking’ to allow you meet international mentors, investors, potential business or creative partners.
- A network fair showcasing the services of national and international networks which already support creative entrepreneurs around the world.
- Intervention of EU policy makers
More than 20 outstanding speakers from more than 15 countries – artists, technologists, makers, social and creative entrepreneurs, engineers, funders and policy makers – will question, imagine, reflect, share, and connect with the audience on the highly topical issues of cultural, social and economic innovation through creative entrepreneurship.
An additional 30 guests have been invited to ensure a diverse representation of skills, experiences and cultures.
Browse the line-up and programme
Participation is free of charge - register now
b.creative is taking place in Namur (BE) on 2-3 November 2016 to coincide with the 6th edition of the KIKK festival (3-5 November 2016), a renowned annual international festival of creativity in digital cultures, bringing together the world's most talented creative coders, innovators, designers, artists.
In 2015, it was attended by more than 6,000 creative professionals from more than 40 countries.