Creative Tracks project launched - get involved and take the survey
Creative Tracks is an EU initiative funded by the European Commission under its Creative Europe programme. It will run until December 2017 and aims to connect existing networks of young entrepreneurs active in the cultural and creative sectors across the world. Creative Tracks is designing a digital platform for networking, creating exchanges, and partnerships among entrepreneurs and artists. If you are a creative professional and would like to contribute what could be helpful to you - please take the short online survey.
Aware of the importance of increased cultural diversity and wider sharing of values, this partnership aims at setting up and supporting a young creative entrepreneurs’ digital platform that will offer a wide array of services and events, unlocking a new generation of creative entrepreneurs and accelerating their professional development.
The Creative Tracks project benefits from a strong partnership of 8 experienced organisations from 5 European countries with direct contact with creative entrepreneurs. More than 70 networks of young creative entrepreneurs and associations worldwide will interact through Creative Tracks.
Creative Tracks is committed to
- Fostering opportunities for young creative entrepreneurs worldwide, connecting them and capacitating them to operate transnationally and internationally in the cultural and creative sectors.
- Providing an easy-to-navigate interface to help young creative entrepreneurs quickly and intuitively understand the learning and development that is available to them.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration through interactive tools that seed this culture.
- Providing an innovative platform that engages networks of creative entrepreneurs, driving participation and sharing.
We will launch the following activities in the coming months (2016)
- Mapping, needs analysis, identification of creative entrepreneurs and existing networks.
- Development of platform services, including
- Online training activities
- Ideation labs and digital co-working spaces/ateliers for mutual and peer-learning
- Training and capacity building workshops
- The platform will also include profile pages, activity feeds and features for creative entrepreneurs to showcase their work
Through a launching conference in Autumn 2016, we will gather young creative entrepreneurs and existing networks from all over the world. We will present the platform but also showcase projects, initiatives and companies in a unique event.
Creative Tracks seeks to enhance international and cross sectorial exchanges of experience, improving access of local culture practitioners/artists/creative professionals to networks around the world, allowing young creative entrepreneurs to share their concerns and discuss their different needs.
- By network, we understand platforms, creative hubs, clusters, trade associations, public or private enterprises/agencies, public/private funds, publicly/privately funded initiatives (and awards), bringing together young entrepreneurs from the cultural and creative sectors and also networks that are not exclusively focused on young creative entrepreneurs, but also include them.
- By young creative entrepreneurs, we understand engaged and active cultural and creative operators and/or artists below 40 years old, working in arts/culture organisations and/or running/setting up their own creative enterprise/company/initiative in the cultural and creative sectors).