05 Aug 2011
- Research project-package “Basic and applied research of the built heritage is concentrating on the neglected areas. The State Assessment and Conservation of Transylvanian Mural Paintings and Painted Paneled Ceilings project is concentrating on the buildings with such outstanding artistic features. The State Assessment of the Endangered Built Heritage project is directed towards dis-used buildings or those which cannot be sustained by the community; and the Vernacular Architecture Research and Protection project is trying to document the mostly diverse rural heritage lacking a sufficient economic background to sustain it. The research also analyses issues of sustainability, being finalized with a feasibility study.
- Scientific events – spreading information in built heritage. The aim is to educate professional and public attitude. The scientific events address the whole sphere of historic building professionals (International Conference Series on Theoretical and Practical Issues of Built Heritage Conservation – Tuşnad) or they are addressing a more specialized group (International Conference Series on Historic Structures-Cluj). The society’s built heritage culture is addressed on a scientific level but in an easily understandable form (Transylvanian Monuments – documentary booklet series or the Conservation Technology documentary leaflet series).
- The Professional training in built heritage conservation project addresses a number of levels, in all cases having an accredited partner-institution (PhD Students, Centre of excellence, Postgraduate Studies, Field study project for graduate students, and the Built heritage conservation training project).
- The Advising on Built Heritage Conservation project is helping the owners of historic buildings in legal protection or professional issues, to maintain their inheritance, whether it is ecclesiastical, local government or privately owned heritage.
- The exchange projects include those with the US ICOMOS and with the Slovakian Institute for Monuments. We also participate at our partner-organizations events, as well as in scientific conferences. We have relationships with many professional bodies.
- Integrated heritage protection projects are designed to implement the conservation strategy of the Trust, and have been awarded with many national and international awards (Grigore Ionescu Prize, Europa Nostra Medal). In these projects vernacular heritage is ensuring the sustainability of a village community (Rimetea heritage conservation project) or the Transylvanian Versailles is being revitalized through the training of professionals (Built heritage conservation training centre at Bánffy castle, Bontida), as well as providing appropriate infrastructure for postgraduate and PHD training (Built Heritage research and training centre, Breaza).
03 Jul 2011
03 Jun 2013
17 Aug 2016
03 Sep 2010