National Museum, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
- To highlight national prestige and integrity
- To highlight our nation's rich cultural heritage
- To show the soft power and ability of our nation
- To build the museum be level with our nation's prestige and grade
- To construct the museum as a well, modern and attractive one with right preservation technique and high standard
According to these policies, the National Museum construction is undertaken by the Department of Archaeology, the National Museum and Library. There are altogether 12 exhibition rooms in National Museum. These are 1. Primate and Natural history exhibition room, 2. Stone age, bronze age and iron age exhibition room, 3. Pyu period exhibition room, 4. Bagan period exhibition room, 5. Pinya period, Innwa period, Hanthawaddy period and Mrauk U period exhibition room, 6. Konbaung and Yadanabon period exhibition room, 7. Lion throne exhibition room, 8. Colonial period exhibition room, 9. Great achievement of Tamadaw Government (SPDC, SLORC) and our Leaders exhibition room, 10. Culture of the Myanmar National Races exhibition room, 11. Art galleries, 12. Myanmar performing arts exhibition room.Myanmar has a long history with rich cultural heritage both tangible and intangible. National Museum (Nay Pyi Taw) strives to reflect Myanmar's rich cultural heritage in an interesting manner. Permanent Collections: Stone, bronze, iron, gold and silver objects, ceramics, glass, wooden objects, lacquered objects, textiles and paper.
View all Asia-Europe Museum Network members from Myanmar