30 Jun 2011
Museo del Prado
The collection currently comprises around 7,600 paintings, 1,000 sculptures, 4,800 prints and 8,200 drawings, in addition to a large number of works of art and historic documents. By 2012 the Museum will be displaying about 1300 works in the main buildings, while around 3,100 works are on temporary loan to various museums and official institutions
The main objective of the Museo del Prado is to accomplish the following purposes:
- Guarantee the protection, conservation as well as encouraging the enrichment and improvement of the Spanish Heritage related to the Museum.
- Exhibit the Collection in accurate conditions in order to allow its enjoyment and study.
- Foster and guarantee access to the collection. Provide the study of collections to researchers. Boost knowledge and promotion of the Museum's works of art and heritage supporting educational programs and cultural disclosure activities.
- Develop research programs as well as training programs to professionals. Organize temporary exhibitions in collaboration with other museums, universities and/or cultural institutions in a mutual compromise just to achieve the exhibition's purpose. Encourage partnership with institutions within or closely linked to the Public Administration, paying attention to those with a high approach and profile in the museum field.
- Offer services of counseling, researching, scientific or technical reporting, to State General Administration's bodies if required, or if related with agreements or contracts granted to both public and private entities or individuals, as long as it complains with previously settled conditions and requirements.
29 Nov 2011
08 Sep 2010
02 Apr 2015
30 Nov 2011