22 May 2011
International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM)
The functions of the Association include:
- providing a forum where those involved in the study of popular music can meet and exchange information about their work;
- organizing regular conferences;
- disseminating information about popular music studies through the publication of a bulletin and by other means;
- encouraging the development of research and systematic study in topics and in areas where such study is not well developed;
- encouraging recognition of popular music as an area for scholarly research;
- providing information on popular music sources and resources and encouraging their development.
IASPM maintains on its website a data-base of popular music studies institutions.
08 Sep 2010
27 Aug 2013
12 Apr 2018