03 Aug 2011
Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA)
- Education and Culture (DG EAC),
- Communication (DG COMM) and
- EuropeAid Development and Cooperation (DG DEVCO).
Its role is to manage European funding opportunities and networks in the fields of education and training, citizenship, youth, audiovisual and culture.
The Agency is responsible for most management aspects of the programmes, including:
- drawing up conditions and guidelines for funding opportunities;
- evaluating applications, selecting projects and signing project agreements;
- financial management;
- contacts with beneficiaries;
- monitoring of projects (intermediate and final reports, and controls);
- on-site project visits.
Information and support to applicants and beneficiaries
Dissemination and exploitation of projects' results
Contribution to European Knowledge and expertise
The Agency is responsible for the management of Eurydice, the Network on Education systems and policies in Europe. Eurydice website
The Agency contracts studies, through public calls for tenders, on subjects relevant to the Education, Culture, Youth and Citizenship programmes. More about ongoing calls for tender
12 Oct 2009
19 May 2011
02 May 2017
13 Aug 2011
26 Jun 2011