24 Jun 2011
Alliances Française de Bruxelles-Europe
The AFBE operates as part of the Alliance Française Foundation which, along with Alliance Française de Paris-Ile-de-France, carries out the mission of the Alliance française de Paris, founded in Paris in 1883.
AFBE, just as any Alliance française in the worldwide network, has no political or religious pretentions and its purpose is to:
- Provide French language instruction
- Promote French and francophone culture
- Advance cultural diversity
The AFBE has progressively come to specialise in French courses designed for those working to build a united Europe. In 1996, the French Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs, the COCOF and the C.G.R.I., which subsequently became WBI (Wallonia Brussels International) and then FWB (Federation Wallonia Brussels), joined forces in order to provide the Alliance française de Bruxelles-Europe with the resources to better fulfil its mission as part of the "Centre Européen de Langue Française".
Every year, the AFBE hosts nearly 4,000 students at all levels, who thus show their trust in an institution that is renowned for:
- the quality of its instruction (97% of those who respond to our end-of-course satisfaction surveys are satisfied and would recommend our Alliance to others)
- its certified instructors (who hold diplomas in TFFL – Teaching French as a Foreign Language)
- its high-quality and innovative instructional activities, which include the training of future TFFL instructors
- its ability to meet the most exacting demands in terms of teaching French for specific purposes
- its Resource Centre on French as a Foreign language, the only one of its kind in Brussels
- the ideal location of its premises, right next to the Trône metro station, two steps away from European institutions and the centre of the city..
Every year, the AFBE holds seatings for the following diplomas, certificates and tests : DELF, DELF junior, DALF, TCF, TCF DAP, TCF-ANF,TCF Quebec, and DAEFLE.
The AFBE, which every year hosts students from around the world to learn French in Brussels, is the preferred choice of many. Brussels, in addition to being the capital of Belgium and of Europe, is a major capital for the French-speaking world, offering a rich architectural, cultural and artistic heritage, along with many reasonably-priced options for residential quarters.