23 Oct 2016
Vladivostok | Zarya artist residency call
Call for applications for ZARYA Artist-in-Residence program based at ZARYA Center for Contemporary Art in Vladivostok, Russian Federation. Open for 1-2 month residencies for artists working with visual arts, performing arts, music, street art etc.
Deadline for applications: 23 October 2016
ZARYA is a project aimed at provision of support to professionals in the field of contemporary art that welcomes artists regardless of their preferred genres and techniques, as well as age and nationality. ZARYA A-i-R offers the young artists an opportunity to live and work in the new environment and conditions conductive to intensive work that provide a chance for successful implementation of creativity projects.
ZARYA A-i-R program is primarily focused on analysis and development of local environment. One of its tasks is establishment of a dialogue with both dedicated professionals and wide audience. ZARYA A-i-R program is destined to become an efficient point of interaction between representatives of various nations and cultures and to encourage development of the local art world on the Far East. Throughout the existence of the Residency, which was opened in December 2014, more than 30 artists from Russia and overseas have become its participants.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- individual artists or teams (age requirements – not younger than 18 years), working with painting, sculpture, graphics, photo and video, installation, performance, choreography, theater, music and street art.
Residence duration – 1 or 2 months (optional).
Resident is to be provided with:
- a grant for development and implementation of project in the amount of 40 000 rubles (approx. 620 USD);
- compensation of air ticket and/or railway fare in the amount not exceeding 18 000 rubles (approx. 280 USD);
- partial compensation of the project materials in the amount not exceeding 8 000 rubles (approx. 120 USD);
- accommodation in a furnished studio apartment (2 studios for 2 residents in each, kitchen + living room, household appliances) at the premises of ZARYA CCA;
- a workshop (33 m2) at the premises of ZARYA CCA for joint use;
- PR support of the developing project;
- assistance in coordination of the developing project (introduction to the local context, meetings arrangement, information and literature search assistance).
Resident is expected to:
- develop and present the project within the program timeline;
- provide an introduction lecture;
- provide an additional event in another format (master-class, seminar, off-site lecture, open studio day, training course, etc.)
- submit final artworks for ZARYA CCA collection (the number of artworks and other details are to be negotiated individually).
Priority is to be given to the projects that meet the following requirements:
- site-specific focus on local context of the Far East and Vladivostok;
- strong conceptual framework of the project;
- proper understanding of the project development process.
ZARYA CCA acts on a competitive basis and considers all applications submitted within the period of applications receipt. The nearest period of applications receipt is September 26th – October 23rd, 2016 (applications receipt closing – 18:00 Vladivostok time, UTC+10).
- application form (download here)
- updated portfolio
Application documents in Russian or English language should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27 Nov 2015
04 Nov 2015
01 Feb 2016