VH AWARD for Asian media artists
VH AWARD is calling for audio-visual screen-based work from Asian artists. The award offers the opportunity to participate in an online residency programme and showcase works across various global platforms.
Established in 2016 by Hyundai Motor Group, the VH AWARD seeks to support emerging media artists who converge art with technology and engage with the context of Asia and its future.
Qualifying work may include, but not be limited to, video art, moving images, film, motion graphics, computer animation, game, movie and more. This award is for Asian artists engaged with the context of Asia and its futures (not limited to those who live in Asia).
Various formats are accepted, although the piece must be a maximum of 15 minutes.
Five finalists will receive 25,000 USD to produce their selected artworks.
The five finalists will be given the opportunity of attending Eyebeam online residency, a total of 10 sessions from October to December 2022.
- Two professional development sessions
- A total of six mentoring ‘Stop-Work’ style 90-minute sessions with all residents
- Five finalists will present their works through online/offline global art platforms
The Grand Prix
- The final Grand Prix winner will be announced in May 2023 and will be awarded with an additional 25,000 USD
- Grand Prix work will also be exhibited in various global platforms
Deadline: 28 July 2022