TBCK Forward 2023 residency for women artists from Central and Eastern Europe
Tabacka Kulturfabrik cultural centre in Košice (eastern Slovakia) is calling for applications from women artists and cultural professionals living in Central and Eastern Europe for their 2023 residency programme.
The TBCK Forward residency programme focuses on women artists and cultural professionals from the following countries: Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and North Macedonia.
They have two programmes:
- TBCK Forward one-month residency at the Tabačka Kulturfabrik cultural centre, open to women artists and professionals working in the fields of film, sound art, media art, artistic research, and dramaturgy.
- TBCK Forward Perform two-week residency at the Tabačka Kulturfabrik cultural centre is open to the fields of performing arts, physical theatre, contemporary dance, and new circus. Proposals by women artists who aspire to reflect and empower women worldwide will be given special attention. Proposals at any stage of development (research, creation, development, or revision of an existing work) are welcome, from individual artists or collectives.
What is provided?
- Travel expenses for the return trip to Košice
- Accommodation for the duration of the residency
- Stipend (500 EUR for TBCK Forward and 1,000 EUR for TBCK Forward Perform)
- One main meal a day at Tabačka Bistro during the working day
- Free entrance to the Tabčka events and access to some venues (for TBCK Forward Perform)
- Applicants must be residents of the countries listed above
- Selected participants will present the result of their stay at the end of the residency
- Tabačka Kulturfabrik will provide workspace and support in finding resources, materials and contacts
Deadline: 31 May 2023