20 Aug 2012
Slovakia | Kosice 2013 international residency call
In the frame of European Capital of Culture the NGO Košice 2013 is running an international Artist-in-Residence program for emerging artists from all over the world in all artistic disciplines and expressions.
The organisers have three main goals within the KAIR residency program:
- Support the creative energy of every invited artist and give her/him the chance to work in a new environment and to find (new) artistic ways of expression
- Stimulate the art scene in Košice, in the region and in whole Slovakia. Support the dialogue as well as the confrontation of the residency artists with local artists and the wide public.
- Create/strengthen a beneficial environment for the development of innovative and international contemporary art projects with international and local participants.
According to these goals, our team introduces every artist to the social environment of the city and the region and help them to build up networks and collaborations with local artists. We organise public events like exhibitions, artist talks, projections, workshops, open studios to give all artists the chance to introduce and present themselves to a wide public.
What we provide
- Three month residency in Kosice, Eastern Slovakia between February and December 2013
- Free accommodation near the city centre (fully furnished with kitchen, no room service
- Honorary, travelling and material costs
What we demand
- We are searching for emerging artists outside Slovakia, who are open to collaborations with local artists
- One presentation during the residency and final project/exhibition at the end
- Compulsory attendance
The application must consist of three PDF files
- PDF n°1: Curriculum Vitae– a short CV including your name, address, phone, email, educational and exhibition background
- PDF n°2: Letter of motivation and objectives– briefly describe your motivation to come to Košice and first ideas of projects you would like to realise
- PDF n°3: Portfolio– artist statement and presentation of artworks (texts, photos, links to video or audio sharing websites: YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)
- We are sorry but we do not accept any other formats of attachments.
Deadline: 20th of August 2012 / please send it only via email
04 Nov 2015
22 Aug 2014