Pro Helvetia residencies programme | China - India - Switzerland
Pro Helvetia (Swiss Arts Council) has liaison offices* in India and China and supports studio and research residencies to and from the region. Applications invited for residencies in 2014
Swiss artists and cultural practitioners (e.g. curators, event organisers, mediators) in the areas of the visual arts, music, literature, theatre and dance are eligible to apply for residencies in the countries mentioned. In return, Pro Helvetia facilitates residencies in Switzerland for artists and cultural practitioners from the above-mentioned regions.
Applicants may only apply for one destination at a time. For more information, please visit the websites of Pro Helvetia’s liaison offices.
*Liaison offices also in Egypt and South Africa
1. Studio residency 2014 A studio residency (3 months) in an Arab country, India, China, Southern Africa or, conversely in Switzerland, gives artists the chance to gain a broad insight into a different cultural environment. The aim of the residency is to find inspiration, establish networks and contemplate new projects and cooperations. In addition to a place to work and accommodation, Pro Helvetia will provide a specialist from their field to support them. Pro Helvetia covers the costs of travel, insurance and per diem expenses. A maximum of four applications can be considered per region each year. Applicants may apply three times in total for a Pro Helvetia studio residency.
1.1 Selection criteria - convincing track record: artistic activity above and beyond regional level for at least three years - context-related motivation - adequate foreign language skills
1.2 Applications Applications can be submitted until 1 March 2013 via www.myprohelvetia.ch for 2014. Applications must be written in English.
2. Research residency
A research residency (max. 4 weeks) enables artists and cultural practitioners (e.g. curators, event organisers, mediators) to carry out research in an Arab country, India, China, Southern Africa or, conversely in Switzerland. The aim of the residency is to prepare an exchange project. A person from the relevant specialist field will help put together the programme for the visit and facilitate initial contacts. Pro Helvetia covers the costs of travel, accommodation, insurance and per diem expenses..
2.1 Selection criteria
- convincing track record: artistic activity above and beyond regional level for at least three years
- context-related motivation
- adequate foreign language skills
- specific cultural exchange project with sustainable impact and international resonance, that meet the general criteria of Pro Helvetia.
2.2 Applications Applications can be submitted via www.myprohelvetia.ch at any time up to three months before the start of the trip. Applications must be written in English.
The last date for submission of application forms for studio residencies, for the year 2014 is 1 March 2013. The application process for studio residencies for the year 2013 stands closed.