Singapore | Assistant Professor in Cultural Studies
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is calling for applications for the position of Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Cultural Studies.
They seek applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- inter-Asia cultural studies
- cultural and new media industries in Asia
- political economy analysis of cultural studies in Asia
- critical diaspora and mobility studies
- new media, indigenous and sovereignty studies
- digital ethnography
- posthumanism, environment and ecology in Asia, cultural economy
- cultural policy
- critical creative industry studies
- soft power and cultural diplomacy
- multiculturalism and migration
- community cultural development
- urban communication such as urban digital art and design
Candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in cultural studies and critical theory, and a demonstrated engagement in the cultural, political and ethical implications of race, gender, sexuality, social class and social practice.
PhD in Cultural Studies, Media and Communication Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Humanities, or closely related discipline by the date of appointment; evidence of successful teaching.
Successful candidates are expected to teach 110–140 hours (3 courses) per academic year. Other duties include supervision of honours students and graduate students, and administrative service.
The anticipated start date is in July 2023.
Successful talented early career candidates with excellent research track records will be considered for the National University of Singapore Presidential Young Professorship (NUS PYP) scheme which includes a start-up research grant up to SGD 750,000 including scholarships to hire PhD students, and an award of SGD 250,000 for discretionary spending.
Deadline: 26 October 2022