10 Mar 2015
Setouchi Triennale 2016 | call for Art Proposals
The Setouchi Triennale 2016 call for proposals is announced. The organisers are seeking submissions of art projects to be presented on the beautiful islands of the Seto Inland Sea in Japan. Submissions must be site-specific and can be visual arts or performance based, as well as collaborative food projects.
We are calling for submissions of art projects for the Setouchi Triennale that make use of regional resources and discover the charms of the many islands. We would like for submissions to be site specific and utilize the unique characteristics of each exhibition site.
DEADLINE NOTE: the period for submission of applications opens on 24 February and closes on 10 March 2015. You are advised to prepare your submission in good time to meet the application requirements.
(1) Site-specific works
- Works using the piers
- Works with the theme of the island’s nature and history
- Works using the alleys and streets
- Works using the island’s vacant house
(2) Site-specific performances and events (projects including residency available as their theme.)
(3) Food project (using local ingredients and containing collaboration with local people.)
(4) Other: Open proposals
Eligibility and application details:
- Applicant Qualification:Any person that understands the aims of the Setouchi Triennale.
- Application Period:Tuesday, February 24, 2015 through Tuesday, 10 March. - NOTE: Applications must arrive no later than 17h on the 10th March. Personal delivery of applications is not allowed.
- Number of Selected Proposals:10 to 40 (the number of selection is subject to circumstances)
- Application Procedures: Please prepay the application fee, and submit the documents that are stipulated in this guideline.
On the website, you can read the answers to questions from artists about the 2016 Setouchi Call - responses to further questions will be uploaded on 10 February - make sure you check all this information carefully before submitting your proposal.
You can read the master plan for Setouchi Triennale 2016
Setouchi Triennale 2016
Spring : March 20th｜Sun｜— April 17th｜Sun｜
Summer : July 18th｜Mon｜— September 4th｜Sun｜
Autumn : October 8th｜Sat｜— November 6th｜Sun｜
Total Days Held : 108
12 islands of the Seto Inland Sea + Takamatsu and Uno
Naoshima / Teshima / Megijima / Ogijima / Shodoshima / Oshima /
Inujima / Shamijima [Spring Only] / Honjima [Autumn Only] /
Takamijima [Autumn Only] / Awashima [Autumn Only] /
Ibukijima [Autumn Only] / Takamatsu port and Uno port