Rotterdam Photo Festival 2023 single image open call
Rotterdam Photo, part of Rotterdam Art Week, is calling for submissions of one photo (series of 5 images) from professional and amateur photographers on the theme “Freedom Redefined”.
The theme was inspired by the COVID-19 crisis and the drastic events of recent times. The message Rotterdam Photo wants to convey is one of resilience and authenticity. Freedom Redefined shows the strength and resourcefulness of humans in difficult times. Freedom doesn’t always have to be grand and compelling, it can also be found in the little things.
Rotterdam Photo Festival is open to different mediums, such as photography, installations, performance, digital art, and documentary works.
The selected images will be printed on PVC panels and exhibited on the outside part of a designated container during the Rotterdam Photo Festival 2023 (9–12 February 2023). All production costs will be covered by the Rotterdam Photo.
Approximately 25 photographers will be selected and they can participate individually or on behalf of the gallery.
Opportunities for photographers
- Submission review by professionals from the photography field
- Featuring across festival/partner social networks and websites
- Exhibition exposure at the Rotterdam Photo Festival
- Awards and cash prizes (See Awards page)
- Inclusion in the Festival’s media partners’ resources
- Be part of the event with 10,000+ visitors in the centre of Rotterdam during the Art Week Rotterdam
Deadline: 6 December 2022