Pro Helvetia Synergies: International collaborations on art, science and technology
The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia is looking to support research-based and process-oriented programmes stating in March 2024 that foster exchange between art, science and technology involving organisations in Switzerland and across the world.
From hackathons to fellowships, from residencies to think tanks – the Synergies open call offers support of 20,000 CHF – 150,000 CHF for international collaborations and encourages programmes which spark new approaches, methodologies and connect knowledge from different contexts.
What do they support?
The support is allotted to the conceptualisation, creation and implementation of the programme. This may include artists’ fees, travel costs, material costs, and more. Infrastructural costs and operational costs will not be supported.
Who can apply?
Proposals must be jointly submitted by a minimum of two organisations. The collaboration must consist of a Swiss arts or cultural organisation with one or more partners from around the world. These can be, for example: music and exhibition venues, dance companies, literature platforms, cultural spaces or established networks and platforms.
- Each collaboration involves at least one Swiss artistic or cultural organisation.
- The activities are planned over a period of 1–2 years (starting earliest in March 2024).
- The proposed programme is situated at the intersection of art, science and technology.
- All organisations invest and contribute accordingly to their size, abilities and regional contexts.
- A significant part of the proposed programme is open to the public (for example public events, showcasing, online presence, etc.).
- The proposed programme has a clear impact on the Swiss artistic and cultural scene.
- The programme involves artistic disciplines supported by Pro Helvetia.
Deadline: 2 October 2023