Pro Helvetia South Asia projects call | Now On
Pro Helvetia New Delhi - NOW ON open call to applicants from South Asia (see eligible countries) for arts projects to be developed in the region in 2020 that introduce visionary ideas, thoughts, experiments to respond to the current crisis. Reflection on innovative formats to address our immediate future.
Pro Helvetia New Delhi has been active in the South Asian region for the last 12 years, promoting Swiss arts, creating cultural exchange between the region and Switzerland and enabling collaborations.
As the art world grapples with challenges that the pandemic has thrown our way, PHND invites visionary ideas, thoughts, experiments from artists and organizations in the region to respond to the current crisis and how it impacts our core work of promoting arts and international arts exchange.
Going beyond our existing formats, “Now On” is a call to reflect on innovative formats that address our immediate future – from rethinking our place in ecology to (trans)forming models of meaningful communication and community. The open call is an invitation to explore new mediums and innovative formats of artistic creation, research, development, presentation and collaboration. Projects are invited that initiate or intensify new formats under the current conditions of restricted mobility. Ideas, processes, platforms or formats that enable further exchanges and sustain dialogue and collaboration are welcome.
- Open to applicants from South Asia (India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan) and Myanmar.
- Open to all disciplines PH works in, viz. literature, visual arts, dance, theatre, design and interactive media, music and interdisciplinary.
- The proposal is for a project to be realized by the end of 2020.
- The proposal does not need to be tied to a direct outcome or product but should have a clear outline.
- The proposal needs to have a time-frame and in-built evaluation/assessment of the goals set.
- The proposal can come from an individual artist or collective or an arts organization. One application per individual/organization.
- Applicants must apply all recommended COVID-19 safety procedures for the safety of all artists and public involved in the project.
- The proposal needs to have a defined budget (not exceeding CHF 10’000).
Deadline: Sunday 12 July 2020
To apply: click here.