15 May 2013
Prince Claus Fund | rethinking public space | cultural initiatives project grants
The Prince Claus Fund welcomes project proposals for cultural initiatives related to the rethinking of public space. Support is only given to individuals and organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The term "public space" is defined as a social space that is open and accessible to all. A public space can take many different forms. It can be a gathering place defined by its social aspect, a civic space, a community space, a virtual space… The strength of THE public space is its potential in reaching out and involving a wide and diverse group of people.
Through this call, the Prince Claus Fund aims to support creative cultural initiatives that re-think, re-appropriate and/or re-use the public space in innovative and new ways. The proposed projects should be linked to the local context.
The Prince Claus Fund is particularly interested in projects that facilitate freedom of expression, stimulate dialogue and encourage cultural exchange. The Fund has a five year focus on the theme of culture and conflict and encourages project proposals related to this theme.
- The Prince Claus Fund invites all parties working in the cultural and artistic spheres in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean to send their project proposals regardless of age, years of experience, nationality, ethnicity, religion or any other factor.
- This includes individuals and organisations concerned with culture and development.
- Support is only given to individuals and organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Prince Claus Fund supports projects with an average grant of 20.000 Euros.
The deadline for the submission of projects is 15 May 2013. Only applications received before the deadline will be considered.
The Prince Claus Fund does not support:
- The development, scripting, production and post-production of short and full-length documentary, animation, experimental, or feature films.
- Research and writing of literary works, novels, short stories, poetry, or biographies
- Infrastructural costs
Please note that the processing time is approximately 4 months as of the end date of the call.
27 May 2014
24 May 2011