Prague City of Literature Residencies call for 2020
The call is open for literature residencies in Prague in 2020 (residency programme for foreign writers and translators), organised by the Prague UNESCO City of Literature programme. Six 2-month residencies will be awarded for 2020.
General conditions for residency programme for foreign writers and translators
The announcement of call for applications occurs once a year, with the anticipation of at least one month before the application deadline.
The call for 2020 residencies is announced.
DEADLINE: The call for applications closes on August 31, 2019, 12 pm CET.
This call goes for 6 residencies in 2020 (January – February, March – April, May – June, July – August; September – October; November – 15th December).
The results will be announced till October 30, 2019.
• Selection criteria:
- Cultural interest for the location
- Basic knowledge of English language
- At least one published literary work (not a private edition) or two broadcast or published radio dramas or one carried out or published theatre play or at least one translated work of a Czech author
- Willingness to participate on the local literary life (author readings, meeting students, talks, activities arranged by the receiving institution or connected to the cultural events of the city)
- Working on the writings during the stay
- The author who has already once received the scholarship can’t apply again
- The Resident undertakes that in the course of the residential stay or no later than within 2 months from its termination, he/she will provide the Municipal Library in Prague with the text inspired by the stay that the Municipal Library in Prague, through the project „Prague City of Literature“, will be authorized to use to promote the Prague's residential stays. The Municipal Library in Prague will enter into a licence agreement with the Resident for the purpose of using the text in electronic as well as printed version.
• Provided service:
The accommodation and travel expenses are covered by the receiving organization; the residents will also receive a scholarship of €600 per month.
If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com.