Poland | Art Lives Here residency for visual artists
NYX Hotel Warsaw is calling for applications from visual artists from Poland, its neighbouring countries and the Baltic States for a three-week artistic residency at their Warsaw hotel. Artists must be working in painting, drawing, sculpture or photography.
NYX Hotel Warsaw is a unique space where with works by some of the most renowned Polish contemporary artists. Named NYX Hotel – Art Lives Here, the competition provides studio space as well as support from the jury and ambassadors of the competition.
Four artists will be selected (three by jury and one by a social media voting poll).
The programme will culminate with a presentation of the works created by the participants (on 21 September 2022). One of the works, chosen in an online poll, will be purchased by the hotel and displayed next to works by such artists as Anna Barlik, Norbert Delman, NeSpoon, Mariusz Tarkawian, Aleksandra Waliszewska or Mariusz Waras.
The residencies will take place on the following dates:
- 11–31 July 2022
- 18 July–7 August 2022
- 1–21 August 2022
- 15 August–4 September 2022
- Reside in Poland, neighbouring countries or the Baltic States
- Speak Polish or English (level B2)
- Work in painting, drawing, sculpture or photography
The competition provides:
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Accommodation in NYX Hotel Warsaw
- Breakfast and lunch in the hotel
- Access to the studio is arranged in a separate hotel room
Deadline: 3 July 2022