01 Sep 2017
Pitchpad ASEAN | call for SE Asian artists & arts organisations
Borak Arts Series’ Pitchpad ASEAN creates a forum for all involved in the arts in Southeast Asia to present or discover new performing arts projects. Open call to eligible applicants to submit projects and apply for Pitchpad ASEAN, taking place in Kuala Lumpur on 14-15 October.
Pitchpad ASEAN will introduce up to 10 submissions to pitch their works to more then 170 performing arts professionals, including presenters, festival directors and venue programmers. Selected applicants have seven minutes to pitch their work and three minutes following their pitch to answer questions.
Participants in Pichpad ASEAN may potentially secure additional project support, representation, touring opportunities, performance engagements, international exposure, premiere locations, and more as a direct result of their presentation at Pitchpad ASEAN, Borak Arts Series.
Eligibility criteria for PITCHPAD ASEAN applicants:
- You are a professional performing artist(s) or company based in Southeast Asia.
- You are available to present at Borak Arts Series.
- You are able to attend a technical rehearsal on the evening before the conference.
- Work is still in developmental stage with plans to premiere within the next two years OR
- Work has already premiered but has not yet toured outside its country of origin
Applications must be submitted by 1 September 2017 by 17:00 (UTC/GMT +8 hours).
An administration fee of RM58 per application applies.
Borak Art Series takes place in Kuala Lumpur on 14-15 October 2017. It is described as THE REGION'S MOST AWAITED PERFORMING ARTS CONFERENCE where you can meet key funders, thought leaders, influencers, international festival directors, venue programmers as well as delegates from around the region. Tickets are on sale now (earlybird rate till 31 Aug). Check out the 2017 speakers
25 Sep 2017
10 Sep 2018