01 Oct 2015
Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography
International call for the first Pina Bausch Fellowships for Dance and Choreography, following Pina Bausch's credo "to discover a language for life". Up to four fellowships to dancers and/or choreographers to be granted each year.
Deadline for applications: 1 October 2015
The Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography offers:
• grants for a temporary residence at renowned institutions for dance and choreography abroad
• a non-paid participation in an ensemble or a placement with a choreographer at home or abroad
• the studies of dance techniques with renowned personalities at home or abroad
The scholarship holders get to discover new forms of expression and to extend their repertoire of movements in order to spur their artistic development. Each fellowship can take a minimum of three months and no longer than six months. It includes a monthly allowance of 2.500 Euros and one-time travel expenses.
Up to four fellowships are granted each year.
The Fellowship is promoted internationally and aims at single artists from the fields of dance and choreography (dancers and choreographers). They can apply if they meet the following requirements:
Personal requirements for dancers
• university / academic degree in dance and/or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble
Personal requirements for choreographers
• independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years
The selected participants take part in an introductory week in Wuppertal from January 27th to 31st, 2016. Following the end of the fellowship, they introduce their results with a lecture in Wuppertal.
26 Jul 2018
16 Aug 2019
10 Feb 2014
04 Feb 2016