15 Sep 2015
Norway | Glasslåven Arts Centre - residency call
Glasslåven Arts Centre in Norway welcomes artists in the fields of visual arts, performing arts (dance, theatre, contemporary circus), literature, arts and crafts, acoustic music and composition to apply for residency in spring 2016.
Glasslåven Arts Centre is a colocation of artists located in historical and scenic surroundings approximately one hour north of Oslo. Glasslåven (the ”glass barn”) is a barn building from 1880 conserved and rebuilt following ecological principals. The building offers production space for artists to rent on a short or long term basis. It consists of a glass blowing studio, 14 production rooms, one big production/performance hall, a gallery, shared workshop with standard equipment, high speed fiber internet, kitchen, showers and toilets.
Accommodation is offered free of charge in the residency house next door to the centre.
Access to your workspace, use of all the facilities at the centre and accommodation in the residency house is free of charge. The rest of the costs (travel, living expenses) are the responsibility of the artist.
Work grant: In addition to your residency, you can apply for a work grant. Glasslåven have three grants of NOK 25.000 (allocated to programmes in autumn 2015 and spring 2016). In return, grant recipients commit to making a relevant contribution to the artistic community at the centre such as a presentation, performance or exhibition of their work.
How to apply
Go to Glasslaven Arts Centre on TransArtists.org to view the current open call:
- 15th of September 2015: 4 - 6 residencies in the spring 2016. Granted applications announced by the 5th of October.
There is no application fee. To apply, you will need to send:
- Short description of the project and a few words about why you are applying for residence
- CV of all candidates participating in the project (up to 6 persons can be hosted)
- Web-link to documentation (photo/video/sound) of previous works
- List which room you wish to work in (standard or large production room) and which dates you are available
You can read more about Glasslaven Arts Centre on Facebook
10 Sep 2015