15 Jun 2011
Nida Art Colony
To apply for an autumn/winter residency October 2011 - January 2012 the next deadline is June 15
Keywords: Fluxus sand, the Baltic sea as a medium, beaches and breeze, labyrinths of forest paths, smoked fish, solitude, mind massage, landscape meditation, contemplating the ten-meter-high studio space, migrating from water to water, the company of moose, foxes and wild boar, media lab, reinventing tradition, creative sunbathing, socializing in an artists‘ community.
The residency in Nida will meet your expectations if:
- the intensity of urban life consumes all of your time and leaves you without energy to concentrate on artistic practice
- invitations to openings, presentations and other events keep piling up, and you want to finish an old work or start a new one in a calm state of mind
- you are willing to give up the city noise for a gentle brain massage performed by the pine forest and the sound of sea tides
- you are working with site-specific projects involving local communities, reflecting the natural and/or cultural environment, etc.
- you love coincidences and want to meet different artists from all over the world in order to collaborate with them now or in the future
- you wish to switch from meditation in front of the screen to landscape meditation
Time and accommodating solitude are becoming the most important values today, and these are plenty at Nida Art Colony. The Nida AIR programme offers the necessary living and socialising facilities that ensure comfortable and unobtrusive coexistence of the five artists-in-residence.
Conditions. Selected candidates will live and work at Nida Art Colony for one to four months. They will use the Colony‘s equipment, bicycles and minivan. Each of the five residencies is set out on two floors, has 65 sq. m of floor space, and features all the necessary facilities. The studio space is on one floor, while the other hosts a bedroom (which can accommodate a family). In two of the residencies, the ceiling is as high as ten metres. A 600-metre walk down a forest path from the Colony is a white sand Blue Flag beach with sand dunes. The Colony is located in the National Park, and the harmony between intact nature and culture in its surroundings strikes the eye. For more information about the conditions, visithttp://nidacolony.lt/en/residence
There are no grants for summer residencies. However, selected candidates will be presented a letter of support, which will make it easier for them to look for scholarships. The residency at Nida Art Colony costs 412 Eur per month, including all taxes, use of equipment, bicycles and the minivan. If you prefer to experience the atmosphere at the seaside resort during autumn and winter or take advantage of the grants, please consider waiting for the next call for proposals (the application deadline for October-January residencies is June 15).
06 Mar 2018
08 Oct 2011