04 Jul 2014
MeetFactory Prague | residency call
The call for the MeetFactory AiR Program in Prague is open to visual artists from around the world and applies to stays from 1 - 6 months. This is a non-subsidised residency but the organisers offer help with grant advice.
The residency open call is announced twice a year - next deadline: July 4 2014
MeetFactory is a non-for-profit international center for contemporary art. Our mission is to foster a dialogue between individual genres and make the current happenings on the art scene accessible to the widest public. MeetFactory was founded in 2001 by the artist David Černý. In the wake of the destructive floods of 2002, MeetFactory was forced to evacuate its previous premises in Holešovice. The project was resurrected three years later in an industrial building in Prague's quarter Smíchov, in a unique space squeezed between a motorway and an active railroad.
The MeetFactory provides chosen residency candidates with:
- background of the international multi-genre arts center
- livable studio and possibility to use the facilities of the residential floors (the Project Room, etc.)
- full participation in the MeetFactory AiR Program - involvement in public events (open studios, presentations, workshops) and other activities of the MeetFactory AiR Program (trips, studio visit by curators, etc.)
- networking and mediating contacts to Prague's, Czech and Slovak art scene
- PR support - artist's profile on the MeetFactory webpage, promotion through the MeetFactory social networks, etc.
- production assistance in the implementation of projects
NOTE: The open call is not subsidized, reimbursement of costs associated with the stay is the responsibility of the applicant. Nevertheless, the MeetFactory AiR Program coordinators provide applicants selected by the Arts Council consultations and further background in obtaining individual grants or other financial support.
DOWNLOAD residency call
You can view information about current and past artist residents here
14 Jul 2021
27 Oct 2010
15 Jul 2014
11 Dec 2018