LOEWE Craft Prize 2019 - call for entries
The call for submissions is open for the LOEWE Craft Prize 2019. Aiming to acknowledge the importance of craft in today’s culture and recognise artisans whose talent, vision and will to innovate will set a standard for the future, the winner receives 50,000 Euros with an exhibition of the finalists' works in London.
The LOEWE Craft Prize seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value. By identifying work that reinterprets existing knowledge to make it relevant today while reflecting its maker’s personal language and distinct hand, the LOEWE FOUNDATION aims to highlight the continuing contribution of craft to the culture of our time.
All entries should
- fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
- be an original work, handmade or partly handmade
- have been created in the last five years
- be one-of a-kind
- have won no prizes previously
- demonstrate artistic intent.
The Prize for the winning entry is 50,000 euros. The winning work selected by the Jury, as well as the works of the finalists selected by the Experts Panel will be included in an exhibition and accompanying catalogue “LOEWE Craft Prize 2019”, on view in London.
Deadline for entries: 31 October 2018