Latvia | One-Artist International Photography Symposium-Residence Call
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre invites fine-art photographers to apply for ONE-ARTIST INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY SYMPOSIUM – RESIDENCE in the city of Daugavpils, Latvia. The symposium will take place 14-24 April within the framework of the Riga Photography Biennial 2020 “ARCHAEOLOGY OF REALITY”.
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre is a multi-functional hub for contemporary art and culture, located in a 19th-century fortress in Daugavpils, Latvia. Here history goes hand in hand with contemporary trends to make a unique and inspiring place for creative expression and experience. The centre offers exhibitions dedicated to Mark Rothko’s art and biography, group and solo shows by Latvian and international artists and displays about cultural history. The centre hosts 5 international symposia per annum for artists in different media. For more information, please visit the centre’s website www.rothkocenter.com.
Venue and time of the symposium:
Participants of the symposium: one fine-art photographer. The artist will be selected in a competition-based procedure by reviewing submitted materials (CV, portfolio and artist statement about symposium work and exhibition in connection with the Riga Photography Biennial 2020 theme “ARCHAEOLOGY OF REALITY”).
- travel expenses (flight ticket provided by the organizers) to Daugavpils and back;
- residence in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- individual studio space available 24/7;
- publicity opportunities (presenting the artists’ work; media coverage; exhibition opening);
- around 100 square meters of exhibition space at Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre for 1-2 months (opening on 24 April 2020). Portfolio files can be accepted for the exhibition together with works created during the symposium.
- publishing of the exhibition catalogue
- Donation of at least five standalone artworks or series created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre collection.
Deadline for applications: 10 March 2020