Lao PDR | Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre marketing job
Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre (TAEC) in Luang Prabang (Lao PDR) is looking for a dynamic, social-media savvy, and dedicated Marketing and Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be part of a small team promoting the organisation’s identity, products, and activities, and they will support the handicraft sales systems.
The Sales and Marketing Manager will have two broad areas of responsibility:
- Direct and implement marketing and promotion of TAEC including content creation, local sales marketing, and managing TAEC's online presence, including social media
- Support sales strategy and stock management for TAEC’s brick-and-mortar and online shops
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Work experience and strong skills with social networking tools
- Familiarity with Mailchimp and Wordpress
- A degree in marketing or business administration, or relevant experience
- Experience working in non-Western and/or “developing country” contexts
- The ability to work independently and resourcefully, to juggle multiple tasks, with strong problem-solving and organisational skills
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly about the organisational and cultural context
- Fluency in English and preferably with Thai or Lao language skills
- Basic photography and video skills
Contract and Remuneration
This is a two-year, full-time position, beginning 1 September 2023 and ending on 31 August 2025, with possibility of extension. The successful candidate will be expected to work approximately 40 hours per week, but there is flexibly over a five or six-day week.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, between 1,200 USD and 1,600 USD.
All visa and work permit costs covered.
Health insurance benefit: 1,000 USD/year
Flight reimbursement for travel to Lao PDR: up to 1,000 USD upon arrival. Return flight benefit provided at the end of the contract, up to 1,000 USD.
Deadline: 23 June 2023